Closed burning season starts Monday

Any person planning to burn outside city limits within Idaho during closed burning season, which begins Monday, May 10, is required to obtain a state burn permit, available 24/7 at

A burn permit must be obtained before starting debris burning, to include field and slash burning, and you must have it with you when burning. Permits are free and good for 10 days. Campfires do not require a burn permit.