Pursuant to Section 26 (2) of the Community Charter, notice is given that the Town of Creston intends to dispose of the land and building legally described as Lot 6, Block 2, District Lot 524, Kootenay District, Plan 851, PID: 007-462-166, and located at 422 – 10th Avenue North, Creston, BC.
The Town of Creston is seeking proposals from interested parties who are willing to acquire the property located at 422 – 10th Avenue North, Creston, BC. The Town will be considering proposals with a minimum bid of $25,000 and the provision of a $ 10,000 security deposit, to be returned to the successful bidder upon the completion of site remediation as detailed below:
- The property owner must remove or demolish the single-family residence and all other structures, leaving the property in a clean, tidy and free of debris condition.
- The Town may also consider proposals that, at minimum, will remediate the structure as follows:
- Bring the residential structure into conformance with the standards established in the Town of Creston Building Bylaw No. 1394 and the BC Building Code;
- Engage a Professional Engineer, licensed to practice within the Province of British Columbia and qualified to determine all building code and other regulatory requirements applicable, to examine this building and outline the steps required to remediate the condition of this building;
- Obtain a building permit for the work required and identified by the Professional Engineer to remediate the condition of this building;
- Upon completion of the work identified in the building permit, and as a precondition of permission to occupy the building, provide a report and professional letters of assurance from the professional engineer engaged in the remediation of this building;
- Provide a final inspection report from Technical Safety BC stating that this building meets the requirements of the Provincial Electrical Code and that allows reconnection to the electrical service provided by FortisBC;
- The installation of approved and functional smoke and carbon monoxide alarms;
- Confirmation that any installation of a wood burning appliance and chimney carries appropriate CSA certification, and that the installation has been completed and inspected by a WETT certified technician if applicable; and
- The removal and abatement of any asbestos and/or other hazardous material from the building.
The demolition or remediation of the land and buildings must be complete within 90 days from transfer of title. If not completed by the Owner within 90 days from transfer of title, the Town will carry out, in accordance with Section 17 of the Community Charter, the required property clean up in default of, and at the expense of the property Owner.
Tours of the property are by appointment only. Interested parties may contact the Town of Creston, 238 – 10th Avenue North, PO Box 1339, Creston, BC, V0B 1G0, 250-428-2214 (Ext. 210) or by email at email@example.com to arrange a tour or obtain information with respect to this property.
Interested purchasers may submit a written offer containing the following information:
- Full name, address and contact information of the bidder including phone number and email;
- Plan of the proposed site remediation;
- A certified cheque in the bid amount; and,
- A certified cheque in the amount of $10,000 for the security deposit.
The Town of Creston is under no obligation to accept any offer with respect to this property disposition process. All offers are to be submitted no later than 4:00 pm, on Thursday, March 31 in a sealed envelop and addressed to: Kirsten Dunbar, Corporate Officer, Town of Creston, PO Box 1339, 238 – 10th Avenue North, Creston, BC, V0B 1G0.
Bids will not be accepted by email or fax. Sealed offers will be opened immediately after the closing time. All bidders will be notified of the results as soon as possible. The successful bidder will be responsible for all closing costs, including GST, if applicable.