The Symphony of the Kootenays is actively looking for new directors from the communities they serve and they would like to find someone from Creston who is interested in actively supporting the symphony by donating their time and energy to help our orchestra flourish across the region. Having a stronger presence in Creston could very well increase the likelihood of the Symphony performing in the community.
What you would gain:
- Input into the programming and scheduling of concerts in your community
- Input into the oversight of the orchestra
- Insight into the workings of the orchestra, including challenges and rewards of bringing symphonic music to life.
- Opportunities to help in specific areas, eg budgeting, human resources, programming
- Working with a positive, dedicated people and wonderful, talented musicians!
What would be required:
- Attendance at one two-hour meeting per month, virtually at present.
- Sitting on a minimum of one sub-committee, such as human resources, marketing or programming.
- If an event is held in your community, helping out with venue, billeting and lodging if required, local sponsorships, etc. This could be either direct involvement of doing this work or identifying volunteers within your community to help with these tasks.