As of Thursday, four staff members of Boundary County School District 101 are positive for COVID-19 and 19 students are quarantined. Two of the four staff members will be able to return to work on Monday. At the school board meeting December 3, the board voted 4 to 1 to move all schools to category Green .
All students will attend school four days per week beginning Monday, December 7.
The district’s priority is to continue to protect the health and safety of students and staff. Administrators are asking all students, with support from our parents/guardians, to follow these preventative measures:
- Wear your mask/face covering when you are around people you do not live with;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol, if soap and water are not available;
- Stay home when you are sick;
- Social distance yourself a minimum of six feet from others;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue if you are not masked and make sure to throw the tissue away; and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces often.
Working together and consistently practicing preventative measures in and out of school will help keep students, staff, and community members safe, healthy, and at least minimize the spread. By following the items identified above, the district can maintain a healthy learning environment and students continue to grow academically.
“Thank you for understanding and supporting our goal to keep students in school, while protecting the safety and health of our students, staff, and community members,” superintendent Jan Bayer said.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact the district office at (208) 267-3146.