The information provided below is for you to be able to make decisions regarding your child(ren)’s educational learning for the 2020/2021 school year. We, as a district, understand that parents/guardians are faced with some hard decisions at this time.
You, as parents/guardians, have several educational learning options to meet the needs of your family.
Option 1 – Boundary County Reopening Plan
Student(s) will attend school in the phase that is currently approved by the Board of Trustees by guidance from Panhandle Health. Traditional grading will occur in all categories.
- Category 1 (GREEN) – Students will attend in person.
- Category 2 (YELLOW) – Students will attend two days a week in person and remotely for the other two days. Students with the last names starting with A – Kob are Group A and will attend school in person on Mondays and Tuesdays. Students with the last names starting with Koe – Z are Group B and will attend school in person on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Category 3 (RED) – Students will attend school remotely.
Option 2: Remote learning from your assigned Boundary County School District teacher
This choice is for parents/guardians who want to keep their student(s) home all year. Parents and students will work with your student(s) assigned teacher through Schoology (single sign on) to complete work.
Teachers in grades K – 5 will focus on English, Math, Science and Social Studies curriculum that the school board adopted. Students in grades 6 – 12 will follow their seven period schedule.
The teacher is responsible for assigning work, grading, and communicating with students and parents/guardians remotely. Chromebooks or i-Pads (depending on grade level) will be provided through the district, along with all other curricular materials you will need.
In order for this option to be effective for younger students, it is extremely important that parents/guardians are willing to assist the teacher in the delivery of the content.
Traditional grading will occur in this option.
Option 3: Idaho Digital Learning Academy
Parents/guardians may choose to enroll their child(ren) in Idaho Digital Learning Academy through our schools. The registration process and expectations are slightly different between elementary and secondary levels.
- IDLA (grades 7-12) – An online program instructed by out of district teachers. Students will enroll through our IDLA site coordinator. Students will be required to take Math, English, Social Studies, and Science. If you choose to participate in extracurricular activities, then you will need to add an elective. High school students are still required to meet the state minimum of 46 credits in order to graduate. All grading, assignments, and assistance will come from the IDLA teacher.
- IDLA (K-6) – An online program instructed by out of district teachers. Currently our district only has 40 slots, so parents/guardians will need to contact the District Office, (208) 267-3146, to schedule registration meetings. The elementary first semester will start September 28 and continue through January 15. IDLA uses Pathblazer as their main curriculum. IDLA will only focus on English and Math. Parents/guardians will be required to participate in an online tutorial to review your part in this program. We will have a site coordinator that will oversee the registration process.
If you are interested in the IDLA option(s), please contact the District Office at (208) 267-3146 and set a meeting with our site coordinator to register.
Thank you for caring about your child(ren)’s educational learning experience. We value your commitment and want to support you in your choice. Please contact your child(ren)’s school with any additional questions.
Please stay safe and healthy!